View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #97
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The first day recruits can sign, we get our second recruit to sign.

Van Plavich signs. He is a 6'5 211 pound SF from New Orleans, LA. He is a 2 star SF. He is a decent shooter who has good athleticism according to our scouts. Post patch this could be better than I expected as driving is much more viable. Still, he is nothing to write home about and will hopefully only be a starter for a year or so until I can get a better player in to replace him as a starter. Next year, we'll be setting our aim higher. He is ranked 699th overall and 150th among SF's in the nation.

A reminder of the early recruit we got to sign:

Dante Newton is a 6'5 193 pound SF from McAllen, TX. He is ranked 708th overall and 156th among SF's. He is a 2 star player. Our staff believes he is a good shooter particularly from midrange.

After a week of recruiting, we get the other player we've been working on all year. PG Ted Swoger is ranked 616th overall and 142nd among PG's. He is a 2 star player from Houston, TX. He is a decent shooter with good ball handling skills and decent defensive skills according to our staff.

As I expected, the talented C from Austin TX that I was pursuing chose to sign with LSU. So, I decide to go after a C with some size with that extra scholarship rather than focusing on the most talented player. Damarcus Weatherspoon is a 7'0 250 pound C from Overland Park, KS who is a 1 star Center who is unranked. Only WIU is pursuing him and they haven't offered a scholarship.

In the 2nd to last week of recruiting, we get Damarcus to sign with us.
Our staff thinks he is slow, can't shoot, doesn't play defense well, but he can rebound, block the ball decently, and he can dunk it decently.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote