View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #102
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The team struggled to score early, but really came alive when Bose came into the game. His size creates defensive mismatches and he traps better than any player I've had yet. Still, as he tires and leaves the ame, we are down by 6. Martin had some easy baskets in transition thanks to Bose creating fast breaks.

A very bad run at the end of the half as we get VERY sloppy with the ball and give up 5 turnovers late. We've had 14 turnovers at the half!?! Wow. I've never seen that many in a game! We are down 46-35 thanks to their fastbreak opportunities off turnovers.

Bose is showing me that he is a defensive difference maker. He may not start, but he will play a lot. I'm regretting redshirting him last year and not using him when he could have made him a difference in my tourney run. Oh well. He helped us overcome a 6 point deficit in the last 2 minutes and we are tied at 68 with the ball with 30 seconds left...

I wanted to get the ball to Lloyd down low, but they denied that well. Instead, Czepil takes a 3 which he misses. We go to overtime.

Bakari Lewis fouled in OT and Swoger was intentionally fouled down the stretch and hit 1 of 2 both times. Fortunately, our defense held and we win 81-76! Bose played some great defense and Lloyd just played all around great including 2 monster dunks!

Lloyd was the player of the game with 18 points, 10 boards, 3 assists, and a block. He shot 8 of 18, 0 of 0 from the arc, and 2 of 4 from the line.

Boyce was our 2nd leading scorer with 13 points. He also had 8 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. Martin, Bose, and Johnson each had 9 points. Czepil and Newton each had 8. The freshman also had 3 assists and 2 boards in a solid start in which he played 20 minutes.

In 26 minutes, Bose had a spectacular game including this stat line: 9 points, 8 boards, 5 steals (love his long arms), 1 assists, 2 blocks, and 1 turnover. He shot 2 of 4 and 5 of 6 from the line. Darn, I wish I had used him more last year.

Oh well. 1-0.

Our simulated game is on Nov 14, 2009 at Pacific. They are currently 0-2. We beat them 79-67. Lloyd fouled out in just 10 minutes However, Bose stepped up to be the star of the game with 14 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 3 of 5 and 8 of 10 from the line. Johnson who played most of Lloyd's minutes also had 14 points. Booce had 13 points. Newton had 6 points in 18 minutes.

Our next game is on the 18th at North Texas.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-22-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote