View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 06:46 AM   #285
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Wow, crowded house this morning. Wish I could stay and chat a little longer but I have to get to a client through a foot of snow

Lathum, sorry to see you dead so early. Thanks for thinking of me as beneficiary - I'll try to put the cash to good use.

For what it is worth, I had initially listed Swaggs as my beneficiary. Path said last night that he didn't think he had a chance of being my choice, given that he was a wolf that helped me get killed as a villager. But the opposite was true - I decided to "reward" one of the two guys who did that, but chose Swaggs instead of Path. That is one of the reasons I was disappointed to see how yesterday went down. I had to put in 10K to change my beneficiary last night or risk seeing my money lost from the game.

I'll look to check in again later this morning and see if anyone has published new information. I'm hoping that there is at least one person out there who will be cleared courtesy of the seer service.

Heh, it is interesting that you say that. I also chose Swaggs as my beneficiary originally too. That is why I wanted to give him a chance to show up yesterday. Was bad luck that I picked someone who wasn't around.

Some other thoughts from yesterday.. Anyone have any idea what the tie-breaker for bidding on services was? I bid 30k yesterday on the Government Insider service, but did -not- get it. One of the reasons I didn't want to comment too much last night is because I failed to get the service, I ended up with that cash plus the 15k from voting all on hand last night. I realized that would make a juicy target for the wolves and also realized if too many other people commented about failing to bid for services, or how much they bid on things, that would directly help the wolves know who to go for.

Hoops, I have a big question for you, you mentioned thanking Lathum for the cash he passed on, but my understanding was that on wolf kills, they got the money from the person they killed unless it was in the bank? I didn't win the friend of the bank, so perhaps that was just a case of lathum passing you cash from the bank is all this is. I'm guessing that at least could be something verifyable from whomever did win the friend of the bank.

Other thoughts about the services that were from yesterday.. I think whomever bought the seer service should reveal who they scanned. Since you arent a true seer, and it is just a one time thing, the risk/reward of the reveal is heavily weighted to revealing to try to start a circle of trust.

For the friend of the bank service, I am hesitant to push for whomever won that to reveal any information from that as it might help the wolves more than us.. but some things that would be good to know.. Does anyone have more than 30k in the bank? Can you verify how much money hoops may or may not have gotten from Lathum? Other than that, I think it is too risky to go much further.

Finally.. I am still troubled about how the government insider service was won. I bid everything i had, so couldn't go any higher. Maybe the tie-breaker is simply the first one to submit, or the last one to submit or something else.. but part of me is worried that the tiebreaker goes to a wolf over a villager or something along those lines to "balance gameplay" or something. I worry that a wolf ended up winning the service.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote