View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #440
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
so you think it is a bad idea to coordinate the scans and limit them to 4 people because that will make the wolves choose one of our 4 targets.

i think that the ability to possibly validate 75 % of our scanning percentages is worth losing 25% for one night.
We're not validating anything tonight. We begin to get the picture, gradually, as players are lynched and night-killed. We may be able to somewhat influence the night kills by who we scan.

Quote:
if 3 of our scan targets live through the night, and there are 5 scans of that person the next day that 1)gives us basically a 1 in 6 chance of getting a wolf, and 2)gives us 5 guys that we get a read on their scanning abilities.
I don't see that a particular chance of getting a wolf follows. I think there's an ongoing misunderstanding of what kind of information we get out of tonight. To make it perfectly clear: We learn nothing tonight about who is or is not a wolf. The first and foremost thing we get out of it is learning something about who is or is not a good seer. We may be able to use the seer info we get now to greater effect when we know more about who is and is not a good seer, but for the time being, I am ignoring the results of scans in deciding who to vote.

I think nfg's thoughts about voting on someone who has been scanned more have some merit. No lynch looks like it's going to win anyway, so this is only something of a commentary vote, and one that I don't expect to repeat tomorrow unless circumstances so dictate.

VOTE claphamsa

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote