View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #16
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Correct, if it were a patch, some of the lingering bugs would have been fixed. I didn't buy OOTP8 and I can't see myself buying any new version unless it clearly fixes a lot of the remaining bugs. I don't understand the whole...we need a new version every year so we have to stop working on the old version. IMO, Jim puts Markus to shame in this department. He doesn't feel the need to re-release a new version every season with old bugs still unfixed and a few new features, half of which work correctly.

This is the problem with OOTP more than the interface or SI approach.

From a developmental standpoint there was really very little that could have been added to 6.5 so I commend Markus for shaking things up and trying to take his game to another level. Text sims have become very stale over the years and the primary cause is lack of innovation. Developers tend to play it safe and each version of a game tends to have the "been there, done that feel to it". I've seen quite a few people complain about this, yet they don't take into consideration that when you have a very small development team the game is almost guaranteed to take a step back whent here's a major overhaul to the engine or interface.

The most frustrating thing about the game is the fact that there's problems with the game that date back to at least version 3 (thats when I started playing). Markus at some point needs to stop making new versions and focus on fixing the things that need fixed. There's simply no excuse for some of the problems that are in the game right now.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote