View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #232
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I wouldn't say I'm getting overly defensive. I'm pretty much just responding with how I feel. Path disagreed with something he thought i said, and we cleared up that misunderstanding. Hoopsguy seems to disagree with several of my points, and we've left it at that. I'm responding to you because of how you are trying to dangle my name out. Instead of saying why you disagree with what I am saying, you just say something along the lines of "he just feels off".

Agree with me, or disagree with me, but here are my points:

1) The majority of people whom have commented have stated that their power is similar to what they would expect based on what they know of their character from the show.
2) Because of #1, saying our roles in this game has the risk of pretty openly revealing also what our powers are for everyont to know.
3) Sylar based on what he does in the show, likely wants to know who has certain specific roles because those are the most "juicy" for him to target
4) Jeheinz has said that you can't equate what side someone is on in the show with what side they are on in this game. ie: Hiro or Claire could be bad here.
5) Revealing roles doesn't tell us what side anyone is on because of #4, and it puts some people at risk because of #2, thus I feel that revealing roles at this point is not a good move.
6) In games where everyone has roles or abilities or powers as is the case in this game, it seems to lead to the villagers having more information than normal games each day to go on. Typically in games when you argue whether No lynch is a viable solution or not, the response question is "What would be different day 2 from day 1?" In this game because of the extra roles, it could be quite alot. Enough to at least warrant a no lynch on day 1 to see how things pan out.

Now some people disagree with #5, some disagree with #6, both is fine since that is different people's opinions. They don't have to agree with me. You on the other hand aren't contributing anythign other than "I don't like how Alan is talking". Thats my issue with you right now, and if this was a situation that I felt a lynch was worthwhile, i would be pushing for you to be lynched.

Guess I should add onto this list my additional thought that I had this morning:

7) With all of the additional powers, I wouldn't be suprised to see some roles have the ability to "escape" a night kill such as Nathan flying away.. or to live through a night kill such as Claire or Adam Monroe... So to combat that, I agree with Hoops thought that there might be multiple night kills.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote