View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 PM   #63
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, here’s the highlight reel from training camp:

Code:
Top Ten Most Likely Breakouts: Name Team Pos Change Swartz, Jose Tampa QB 6 Fernyhough, Alonzo Tampa NT 6 Devine, Jeff Tampa FB 4 Hover, Riddick Tampa LT 4

Great gains from our top rookie DT, our fullback target, and from “the other tackle” we drafted. And our starting QB gave us a seeming random boom – that’s very nice too.

A big drop from WR Jeff Deberry is something I really should have seen coming, but basically didn’t. Anyhow – we did re-sign Kendrick Lindsay, and I guess he probably slips into the starting role there for us now. Also, a major drop from our top rookie LT Horton – I’m not shocked, but a little disappointed there. I really don’t know what to do at that position now – is the +4 from T Hover good enough for us to “clear the way” for him and get better players off the roster so the staff will get Hover in to start? I don’t know, really – maybe we’ll deal with that next season.

I forgot to move LB Ellis Gerald to the weak side before camp, but it’s a seamless move for him. I expect him to step right into the shoes of the departed Daniels and deliver solid, if not all-star, pass rush numbers for us right away.

We do some more shifting a bit among the LBs, moving veteran free agent signee Hardy Augustine into the mix at SLB, and we are ready for the season.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote