View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 12:44 PM   #264
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I get a surprise as Gus Walters tells me he is very close to signing with us..

Gus is a 3 star PG from Bloomington, IL. He is ranked 111th overall and 44th among PG's. He is only 5'9 159 but he has few weaknesses according to our scouts: They feel he is a solid shooter, a great passer, a great ball handler, a great defender, wth terrific athleticism, and very good potential. He'd provide our first quality backup PG in years as well as the eventual successor to Everett and he has surprised us by advancing us past Indiana State and Western Kentucky which haven't offered him Scholarships yet. He might sign with us this upcoming week. He averaged 9 ppg, 8.3 apg, and 1.9 spg in the ABL.

Whitney Cornette is also a bit of a surprise. He is a 6'8 225 pound PF (who I might play at SF) from Queens, NY. He is a 3 star player who ranked 164 overall and 26th among PF's. He is a guy who our scouts think has very good potential, is already a good shooter including the ability to shoot the 3, he is athletic with the ability to dunk, he is a good perimerter defender, and a decent passer. We are in a tight race for him with Marist and UConn is also considering him but they haven't offered a scholarship. We are in the lead, and there is a small chance he might sign early with us. He averaged 12.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, and 2.1 bpg in the ABL.

The other 2 players we aimed even higher for.. 4 star T.J Hannan is a SF from Allentown, PA. He has told us we are his fall back option. His top choices are Syracuse, Rutgers, and UNC.

Finally, 5 star SG Sylvester Myers is from Toronto. Since we have the pipeline to Toronto, I'm taking a shot at him, but I know we have little chance to get him. That being said... we are currently in the lead for him!!! However, Pitt, Seteon Hall, and Syracuse are all in the running and he has told us there is no chance he will sign early. Therefore, I doubt I'll be able to land him when it is all said and done.

Our next game is at Canisus in the conference opener. They are 4-3 but they are less talented than we are. Their overall talent rating is 74. Their strength is senior center Jermaine Wierzba.

I'll play that later today or later this week.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-23-2008 at 12:44 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote