View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #582
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm a little disappointed to have multiple votes at this point. Since there are two points people are using to justify votes I'll try to rebut each of them.

1.) Didn't choose option for "Fortune Teller" when presented the opportunity.
If there are questions about the fortune teller, which occurred on Night 0, then are the people positioning it assuming that I was a Wolf at this point? Obviously we all started as villagers, so are people assuming that I was somehow moved to the Wolf Team before getting to submit my action order? That the selection of "Shopping" somehow made me get converted? This seems like a really, really weak argument from where I sit.

You don't have to like my reasoning for not going Fortune Teller, but it seems like quite a leap to assume that I'm a wolf because of it.

2.) Cast vote creating a tie on Day 1.
As far as the vote goes, I spelled out my reasons for not liking a vote on Clap when I voted for Sonic Youth. Were they good reasons? Hmm, probably as good as any on Day 1. But now that Clap has been shown as a villager by Anxiety I at least feel better about my instincts on which way to go on that vote. I'm much more satisfied being involved with creating a tie than casting a deciding vote on a villager.

Again, if I was a wolf while casting this vote why would I want to avoid having villager thrown off the boat? I had already suggested earlier that I was unlikely to vote. Yet I did end up voting, in a manner that saved a "villager" from being lynched. What incentive would a wolf have to do this and generate attention as a result?

Everyone has to make choices on who to vote for each day. I understand getting votes from time to time. But I don't really understand either of the two arguments that are being used to suggest I'm the best candidate for today.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote