View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #335
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The announcers highlight Everett as the player to watch this game. I expect a big game with all of his weapons back to pass the ball to.

We are up 10-6 at the 15 minute mark. Graves has come back on FIRE! 8 points so far.

At the 11 minute mark, we are up 16-12. Graves and Hannan need a quick rest. We get Collins and Bowers into the game.

At the 9 minute mark, Simon picks up his 3rd foul of the game. He'll sit the rest of the 1st half as we'll turn to Adams.

With 7:20 to go, and against all of my subs, they hit a 3 that gives them a 22-20 lead.

With 6 minutes to go, we get Hannan back into the game. We are down 24-20.

Hannan misses a dunk and then his man comes down and hits a 3.

Their 18-0 run continues as they go up 32-20. We get all of our starters except for Simon back into the game.. 3 minutes left in the half.

After a missed basket, Hannan sets up Graves in the corner for a 3. 34-23.

We go into halftime down 41-31.

Kennedy gets named player of the half since their team is leading. The backup SF, has 10 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. He is 3 of 3 from the arc.

Graves leads our team with 19 points and 1 offensive board which was a putback dunk. He is 7 of 9 from the field and 5 of 5 from the arc.. he needs a huge 2nd half to help pull us back into this..

Hannan is off today.. he is 1 of 8 and has 2 points, 2 assists, and 2 steals.

Simon gets an early 4th foul. We put in Adams.

They start building a huge lead by pounding us inside. It gets to 15. I put Simon back into the game with 16 minutes to go.

With 13 minutes to go, Simon fouls out

We are down 58-47.

Graves is ice cold now. Everett, Graves, and Hannan are all exhausted. 10 minutes to go and we are bringing in our subs to try to pull off a comeback.. down 61-49.

Ortiz proves to me why he should be getting more PT, and Snow also provides a few big baskets and they close the gap to 69-65 with 3 minutes to go, but it is time to get our starters back into the game...

Graves misses a wide open 14 footer and I wonder if I should have left Ortiz in the game.

They also put their starters back into the game and they are playing much better. They steal it from Hannan and get a breakaway dunk.

They block an Everett shot and get a breakaway dunk.

Everett misses an open 3 and they get a basket at the other end. With a minute left, we start scoring quickly, but I think it is too late. Still, we foul down the stretch..

We lose 79-70.

Larson, their SF, was player of the game with 19 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists.

Graves went completely cold and had 0 2nd half points. He finished with 19 points, 2 boards, and 4 steals. He shot 7 of 19, 5 of 10 from the arc.

Everett had 11 points, 6 assists, and 5 turnovers.

Hannan had 10 points, 3 boards, 3 assists, and 4 steals. He shot 3 of 12, 1 of 4, and 3 of 3.

Cornette had 5 points and 10 boards.

Simon who only played 13 minutes before fouling out had 2 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist.

Ortiz had 8 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist in just 12 minutes.

Bowers had 6 points and 2 boards in 14 minutes.

Snow had 6 points in 7 minutes.

That loss drops us to 11-5.

Our next game is at 4-9 Loyola (MD.) They are rated 81 in overall talent as well. They are a great 3 point shooting team.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote