View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #331
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i have long defended white on this board, much to pumpys dismay

when he was a young'un back in our 2nd cup days, he was a promising big stay at home d-man on our 3rd pairing, learning from daneyko and stevens.

as our star D-men left, he rose up, and is now our top "stay at home" defensemen. he has zero mobility, is prone to taking very bad penalties (he still has not learned to stop retaliating - its been about 8 years). however, he draws the toughest assignments every night - this series, for instance, he is on the ice against jagr as much as possible

this past off-season he took a puck to the eye and lost vision in it. as far as i know he is legally blind in the one eye. he came back in november though, which is fairly impressive for an august eye injury. his return (and langenbrunners from hernia surgery) coincided with the devils march towards the top of the standings in the east, for what its worth

this has been a rough season for him. hes been prone to icing the puck a lot more, and i think the eye is definietly hampering his play

im as down on him now as ive ever been (and most players on the team, actually)...but i dont expect him to go anywhere. he is about to enter the 3rd year of a 5 year, $15m deal
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote