View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #1286
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
I did something similar with OOTP6 and generated the CATO pages for them. You can check them out 2 of the leagues at whatif.dormir.homedns.org and hob2.dormir.homedns.org.

I added in some MLB equivalence for Negro League players, along with some friends and family. For the WhatIf League, I started off with fictitious team names in the usual MLB cities, then added some Negro League teams during expansion.

The HR leaders? In HOB2, Babe Ruth with 713 and WhatIf, Ken Griffey, Jr with 840.

The big winners?

In the HOB2, the Detroit Tigers won 11 WS titles in 13 attempts, while the Cleveland Indians won 7 in 12 trips. In the WhatIf, the Cincinatti Pride won 12 titles in 21 trips, with the Baltimore Admirals winning 10 in 16.

I'll probably do something similar with the new OOTP and the new PureSim, depending on which one I decide to pick up (which will probably be both, actually)

Yeah, the competitive balance was reasonable when every team was run by the AI. Having the rookies come in as free agents with no draft in OOTP made it way too easy to dominate. (If anyone's curious, this is accomplished by deleting the teams from the Lahman files for every player's stat lines)

But when I let the teams sign the free agents it got back to normal fairly quickly.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote