View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
So I guess my niece didn't scar him too bad last Thanksgiving.

He's obviously a smart kid, I've seen him pick up on things really quick. It just seems that in some places he is way ahead of his age group on things, and in other places he is lagging a bit behind other kids his age. He just appears to have a different progression pattern than most kids. I think you are correct about him being ok in the long run, and it will be an interesting journey along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
He's just 4, Ant. I'm sure things are going to work themselves out when puberty hits.

Just wanted to say I certainly hope what cartman and NC wish here is the case - so I didn't want to come off as all doom and gloom.

But I also feel like this is a potentially very legimitate issue that is manageable when properly diagnosed. The good thing about Autism (IMO) is that it's not a drug-based treatment. Therefore the worst thing that happens by seeking services early is that Ant's son gets some extra help and maybe learns some good coping techniques that will help him in life, even if he does not have autism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote