View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:59 PM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Edit to add: Lots of good info in Wade's post that I agree with (although B is rare in true Autism.) 3rd edit: In fact 60-70% of kids with full blown autism have Mental Retardation.

Interesting.

I probably know what this is attributable to. The kids with full-blown autism that have difficulty coping with the most basic things at age 5 end up in a special classroom and are not mainstreamed. The kids that are mainstreamed are either not severe enough that they've even been diagnosed or are manageable and excel academically for whatever reason.

She has had hrmm.. maybe 4 diagnosed kids in her classroom and one diagnosed kid that ended up in the autism class after her pushing for him to get help. He was not good at academics, the other 4 tended to be above their peers academically (although all over the board behaviorally) - so it may just be a small sample size issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote