View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 11:16 PM   #407
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not the start I expected against St. Francis, NY. We are only up 6-5 at the 15 minute mark.

However, we start making shots and quickly pull ahead 16-6 by the 11 minute mark when I give my starters a break.

They started to close the gap, but Ortiz responded with 5 straight points and we are up 25-15 with 5 minutes to go.

At the half, we are up 33-23. Our shooters aren't making too many shots, but our defense has been superb.

Hannan is the player of the half with 7 points, 3 assists, 1 board, 1 steal, and a block.

A brilliant second half by Hannan as he comes out on fire in the first 10 minutes.. he is setting up baskets, making baskets, and playing great defense. We pull our starters with 7 minutes left and a 67-36 lead.

We win the game 79-41. We were expected to blow them out and did so.

Hannan was the player of the game. 23 points, 6 boards, 5 assists, 3 steals, and a block. He shot 10 of 21, 1 of 8, and 2 of 2.

Everett had 4 points and 6 assists.

Graves had 16 points, 2 boards, and 2 steals. He shot 7 of 18.

Coprnette had 8 points and 12 boards.

Simon had 6 points, 15 boards, and 2 blocks.

Ortiz led the bench with 9 points.

Willis had 6 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals in just 15 minutes.

I thought I played the winner of the other Liberty Bell Classic bracket, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Oh well. Duke beat Seton Hall 86-60, so if I do play the winner at some point, it will be them.

Our next game is a previously scheduled game at Saint Francis, PA. We are expected to blow them out as well. They are 1-3. We are now 6-1. I'll play that tomorrow.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote