View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #491
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
We can't buy good weather for a game, I swear. This is my 3rd game this year, fourth for a guy I go with, and we can't get good weather. The first game we went to, we spent the 3rd thru 9th in the concourse the whole game since it was in the 40s and raining. He went that weekend and it snowed earlier that day before the game. Then we go a couple of weeks later, and it was 40 at game time and the temp dropped from there with gusty winds so it was bitterly cold.

Tonight, 63 at game time but threatening clouds. Sure, not bad- and it's umbrella day so not a bad thing if it rains... Right up until the 1st inning 3 run homer by the Orioles followed by the 1:52 rain delay. By then, it's dropped into the low 50s with a wind in the 20s with gusts up to 50s and a cold mist that falls the rest of the game with the temperature. So you couldn't really keep your umbrella open because it would get destroyed by the wind but it was cold and damp and extremely windy. Just not pleasant at all. By the end of the game, there were maybe 2000 fans in the seats.

SI

Any chance the promotion that day was the first 2,000 fans through the gates received Royals umbrellas?