View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #159
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Hmm, looks like Jon is filled with as many solutions as the current POTUS.

Nah, just couldn't decide whether to go into a detailed answer or stay in the one liner mode. And the indecision was followed by sleep, then work.

The answer is the same as it has always been (and it isn't like I haven't mentioned it before) -- Our mistake has been trying to turn combat troops into policemen, mediators, referees, social workers, and every other damned thing except what they're most trained to do. Want to try all that? Then send people who have that as their primary mission and let them do what they do. But untie the hands of the combat troops & let them do exactly what's necessary - kill every f'n thing in country that poses a threat until there isn't a viable threat remaining.

And, at the risk of repeating myself, in answer to the seemingly inevitable question: I don't have the slightest concern about the eventual enemy body count.