View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 12:55 AM   #217
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I thought about playing 6 BCS conferences times 2 teams per conference, but then if someone quits, then the remaining person in that conference has a ridiculous advantage (even if it's just for a few weeks/games). It's like, I'm going to frequently lose to humans but frequently beat the AI. Put me alone in a BCS conference and I (or many others) may go undefeated even with a 77-rated team. That's not fair.

The only reason I would vote for 4 BCS conferences with 3 teams each is because three of the BCS conferences (Big Ten, Pac 10, SEC) have 4 sub-80 teams each. That means if I want to be in the Big Ten and I have last pick, then I must pick a pre-designated team. Of course, we could make an exception and let people pick teams rated 81, 83, etc.

So yeah, many things to decide. I'm about ready to throw up a bunch of different polls in the dynasty section...but I don't want to piss off the boss

We should just post all the polls and have a public vote so we can see who votes for what. We should figure out the polls in advance.

Here are a few polls we definitely need (with the options):

How many minutes per quarter? 5,6,7,8,9 or more
Should we use BCS conferences? Yes/No
If so, how many BCS conferences should we use? 12 in 1 BCS, 6 in BCS, 4 in 3 BCS, 3 in 4 BCS, 2 in 6 BCS
Should we allow people to move to a higher-rated team if they do well? Yes/No
Should we allow people to move to a lower-rated team if they want to? Yes/No

There will be more questions to ask I'm sure, but those are a few that come to mind. Let's post more questions and I can compile them and throw up many polls when we decide we're ready.

Ben E Lou...please give us a dynasty sub-forum!!!

Good point on the 2 teams per conference concept. I like the idea of 4 conferences, 3 teams each. However, I'll go with whatever the vote is.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote