View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #145
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Been playing with this more.. I think the idea in concept is pretty good, but I think ootp9 is having issues handling this at least from the start. Anyone looking to do this type of setup probably have to phase into it or manually move around some people for a bit.

When you set up the league, if you choose to not allow any foreigners to be on the individual teams, the game will still start it up with your team having foreigners, but then it will instantly dump any foreigner on your team into the free agency pool or on waivers (or into the minors if you allow the foreigners to play in the minors) in order to abide by the roster rules.

So then once that is done and you have a handful of people left on your major league roster, you'll need to then go through and sign all of the people for the appropriate team.. so it seems doable, but a bit of work.

I think you can avoid this work by going into 'Functions' under 'League Setup' and then hitting 'Fill Teams with Fictional Players' after you have made your changes. As long as you haven't been simming for 20 seasons have a league history you're concerned about losing, this *should* avoid the free agent dumping problem.

Last edited by Ajaxab : 06-19-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote