View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 05:18 AM   #412
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
He used the hook. Given the situation, I can justify that in a way that makes sense. I still can't find any way the Kuroda thing a) makes sense, or b) is in my control at all.
A. Already explained. There's clearly no "he's got a no-hitter going" code in the game. Therefore, the pinch hit/pinch run/pull for a reliever decision is purely up to dice rolls, modified or not.
B. I'm pretty sure there are settings for each player on your team as to how often they get pulled for a pinch hitter, defensive sub, or relief pitcher. And there's a team-wide setting for pinch runner usage. But even with those controls, I refer you back to point A. If pinch hitter or pinch runner usage is set to 1% of normal, there's still a tiny chance of a dice roll that will bring in a pinch runner at an inopportune time. If one needs greater control than that, I'd suggest managing games. You always run a risk of a critically bad dice roll when playing any text sim without directly controlling everything in every game.