View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 01:05 AM   #448
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Huh.. I actually have seen the opposite.. I've been annoyed at the number of 41-43 year olds not only in starting lineups but re-signing for multi year deals.
I have some old guys in the 40's but they aren't good after the first year. Are you seeing guys in the 40's after 5-10 years? I can post a few sims online, but in mine, once a player hits like 30, he falls off the face of the earth. For instance, Jay Bruce, Evan Longoria, and Joey Votto dominated the league for like 5 years, then all 3 would ceremoniously become average players by the time they hit 29-30. It has left my league with not many veterans and a lot of 2nd or 3rd year players. Not to mention, almost every MVP award has been won by someone under 30.

Not sure if it's a developmental issue or roster one (I think the rosters overate some of the prospects). I'm more concerned about not seeing a lot of guys in my league who are good that are 30-35. Maybe tweaking some of the modifiers will fix that though, just something I've noticed.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote