View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #503
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I'd argue that if it's going wiht the one it thinks is better, it makes for a more challenging game. Would it happen in real life? Absolutely not. Would a human playing a computer game do it? Absoultely. I could have an 85-85-85 guy save 40 for 6 straight seasons, but if some youngster develops into a 95-95-95 player, the top guy is getting demoted regardless of past performance. And that would give me an advantage over the AI.

The whole point here is that I have ratings set to zero. Theoretically (and according to Marcus), this has been fixed so that ratings play a minimal role in the evaluation process and should be pretty much at zero when you've got players with an adequate amount of experience/stats to judge. What the AI should have seen going into the season was a closer with 3 40+ save, sub-2.00 ERA seasons and a young guy with 1 good setup season and made his judgment on who should close accordingly. There's no way, based solely on stats, that the closer would be replaced in that scenario.

Not only is it not realistic to me, but it's not working as advertised (as far as I can tell).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote