View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #534
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Have you played using the set? It's bad, I'm sorry. Yes fictional leagues are great in the game, but the MLB roster set will make you pull your hair out. I just can't see how you are playing with that set and not seeing crazy stuff.

Fortunately there are some people in the roster forum working on a set right now. Apparently the first set with updated MLB/AAA players is set to be released shortly.

this is over the top. is it bad? no. you're looking too deep into this.

the MLB roster is made by a 3rd party. the roster set has nothing to do with OOTP9. you think i'm going to cry cuz Johan Santana finished 15-12 last season for me and went 3-3 in the playoffs? no. it could easily happen (i think he actually only won 15 games last year). *you* waste your time creating a definitive MLB roster set with full minor leagues and i'll happily pick it apart for you if you like. i know i don't have the desire nor time to create my own roster set, so i'll make do with the one that padresfan created and deal with any minor repurcussions it may cause. after a while all those players will be retired anyway and the universe will be populated with all game generated guys.

i see nothing that jumps out at me. nothing. "bad" to me is everytime i click on a certain button - the game crashes. that's bad. or everytime i sim the All-Star game the game freezes. that's bad. i don't know what you're looking for, but you must be actively looking for it. i don't understand all the fuss, but for those on the fence and plan on being a casual gamer then this game is great and is clearly the best baseball text sim, hands down.

Last edited by Anthony : 07-01-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote