View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 04:05 PM   #548
BigPapi
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I'm not sure there's such a thing as full reliance on stats. And to reiterate, this is an area where departing from realism makes for a much more challenging game. I don't want the AI teams playing guys who are going to drop off in performance, so if there's any way they can peek ahead, I'm 100% in favor of it.

See- I just don't get this. Why would I want to play a game (forget about the fact that it is totally unrealistic) where the AI can anticipate a talent drop and "peek ahead"; effectively cheating when I do not have the same luxury (nor would I want it). I'm 100% against it....I guess it's just a difference of gaming styles- but there is no way you can argure that this resembles the actual game of baseball in any way, shape, or form. We can agree that it may be hard to model- but I can't understand those that defend it on the premise that it's a better way to play.

Taking this to it's logical conclusion- would you rather that the AI not sign the league's best 25 year old shortstop to a 5 year deal knowing that in year two of the deal his ratings would implode and he is going to more closely resemble Buddy Biancalana than Jimmy Rollins? That's not my definition of AI.

Last edited by BigPapi : 07-01-2008 at 04:12 PM.
BigPapi is offline   Reply With Quote