View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 04:21 PM   #553
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
It's only "peeking ahead" in terms of probable performance on the field, by using the ratings for the players. A human player can do the same thing, but we'd typically rather actually see a player suck on the field before we pull him, rather than see his ratings drop first and not let him back on the field.

Forget about players of a game, AI versus Human. I'm simply talking about the simulation process in a vacuum. Be it historical or fictional, I want the AI to act not as I would as the human player of this game, but as a real-world manager/Gm would. We need only look at Barry Zito to see the difference here. In OOTP, Zito would have signed that $126M deal and probably started last year in AAA (assuming the game would have shown a ratings drop at the between 2006 and 2007). That's just not realistic at all. Even if they admit their mistake 2-3 years later and dump or demote him, at least they've let his performance dictate their action.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote