View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:16 AM   #569
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Two things.

1. That dichotomy is one of the reasons that I speculate that the players that hang on too late has to do with things other than ratings and stats, such as past performance and perhaps fan favorite-ness. The settings that I use to deal with this issue ignore past performance. (I mean, really, who cares what he did two years ago? I don't want the AI handicapped by using past performance. I sure don't use it.)
2. People also like to whine.

I can see if the AI is programed to not want to drop a fan favorite due to a desire for avoiding a Fan interest hit, but I would assume that all of these Cy Young pitchers that then get released would also have been a fan favorite too. At least it doesn't seem in my experience so far that it takes long for a cy young type pitcher to become one of the fan favorites.

As for #2, yeah people do Usually though the whines have some grounding behind them though, or at least some reason for the whine to originate.. It may not be as huge an issue or catastrophic of a problem as they might be leading on, but usually there is at least some issue there.

I'll be curious to see what you comment in 48 hours or whenever you come to some conclusion regarding the issue, it just seemed interesting to me that people have two seemingly opposite scenarios that are issues that I couldn't imagine both to exist.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote