View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #571
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I can see if the AI is programed to not want to drop a fan favorite due to a desire for avoiding a Fan interest hit, but I would assume that all of these Cy Young pitchers that then get released would also have been a fan favorite too. At least it doesn't seem in my experience so far that it takes long for a cy young type pitcher to become one of the fan favorites.
I'm not seeing Cy Young pitchers getting released though. I'm seeing them take massive ratings dumps due to injury or random dev, (The latter is much more rare in this version than in the past, though...) and then ending up in AAA the next season.

Quote:
As for #2, yeah people do Usually though the whines have some grounding behind them though, or at least some reason for the whine to originate.. It may not be as huge an issue or catastrophic of a problem as they might be leading on, but usually there is at least some issue there.
I agree. I'm just commenting that some do, and some don't. The biggest issue with OOTP is that there are three completely different ways to play it with completely different needs, and sometimes there is conflict between the three. I hope to keep fictional play working very well and improving, and couldn't possibly care less how historical and MLB play work, so every stitch of feedback I give will be colored by that.

Quote:
I'll be curious to see what you comment in 48 hours or whenever you come to some conclusion regarding the issue, it just seemed interesting to me that people have two seemingly opposite scenarios that are issues that I couldn't imagine both to exist.
The short version is this: I'm getting very good results with 49/49/1/1 evaluation. (I tend to wonder if 0s screw things up.) Based on the stats in the first decade of this latest test career, I suspect I'll be getting a new QS with RonCo dev and my updated stats modifiers out today or tomorrow. It's going very well so far.