View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #575
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Two things.

1. That dichotomy is one of the reasons that I speculate that the players that hang on too late has to do with things other than ratings and stats, such as past performance and perhaps fan favorite-ness. The settings that I use to deal with this issue ignore past performance. (I mean, really, who cares what he did two years ago? I don't want the AI handicapped by using past performance. I sure don't use it.)

i have 2 years ago stats set to low, like 10 or 15%. i think i have current stats as the most, followed by last year's stats, then ratings, then 2 years ago.

i also had to take the trading difficulty off "very difficult", the AI simply wasn't interested in doing many trades. i offered, as a test, a 3 star current/5 star potential 20 year old OF for an over 30 year old 4 star reliever and it didn't want to do it. it might've been because i had "stats 2 year ago" a little too high, and perhaps since that OF was a rookie with not much stats to go by maybe it wasn't valuing him enough. i also raised ratings a little. on the second to highest setting the AI is acting more appropriately and is still providing a challenge.

i like how in my career the Rays have won the WS (which is totally possible this year in real life), after going to the WS last season. i'm a little pissed cuz i got all the way to the NLCS and the game crashed on me, i had to resim the start of the playoffs and i got knocked out of the divisional series. i'm not sure if i should have a more hands on role during the playoffs or just let the AI sim the game, i don't know if i give my team too much of an advantage or if i'm a detriment.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote