View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #584
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

OK, so I found my first sim, and the one that was corrupt wasn't it (incidentally, I think there's a problem with the game not erasing deleted saves from the list of games that can be loaded - I deleted this one, but it's still there and only goes away when I physically go to the files and delete the entire file). This one was simmed with default modifiers and evaluation settings of 0/50/35/15 (zero for ratings).

I found one of the most egregious examples of this EVER. I give you...Ed Halicki:

1974: 12-5, 2.51 ERA, 143.1 IP, 40 BB, 95 K
Age 23

1977: 2-17, 9.62 ERA, 102 IP, 109 BB, 2 K
Age 26

And the funny thing is, he was released by the Giants on June 13th and picked up by the Phillies on June 15th - and he was awful for both, although worse for the Phillies.

Now, this one looks like it might be injury-related (since he was imported in February of 1974, I can't see his original ratings, but he had 2 injuries in 1974 that sidelined him for 10 weeks and his ratings likely dropped on 1/1/75 - although his ratings REALLY dropped over the next couple of years without any significant injuries), but still...how can this guy be given 22 starts by 2 teams?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote