View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #590
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapi View Post
I agree- those numbers are nuts...That would depress me to see that many examples in the whole league- much less the same team...That's got to be a 120 loss team there.

I don't really play fictional- so I am not sure what's going on.....This is with Ron's settings? If so, did you see this with default modifiers? I have never seen anything like that....In fact, I do sometimes see the precipitous drop in stuff from ages 37-39- but guys don't seem to be able to hold to their jobs after this for the most part. I also see some guys 37 and 38 averaging 6-7 K's per nine as well. On the whole- I think this a problem- but I am not seeing it to the degree that you are.

The Ed Halicki example is from an historical sim using the default modifiers. The Reds examples were from the second sim, using RonCo's modifiers.

Maybe part of the problem has to do with historical sims? I'm seeing a number of guys do just what Halicki did - come in immediately and dominate during their rookie season, and within 5 years, they suck.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote