View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 12:55 PM   #595
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
OK, so I found my first sim, and the one that was corrupt wasn't it (incidentally, I think there's a problem with the game not erasing deleted saves from the list of games that can be loaded - I deleted this one, but it's still there and only goes away when I physically go to the files and delete the entire file). This one was simmed with default modifiers and evaluation settings of 0/50/35/15 (zero for ratings).

I found one of the most egregious examples of this EVER. I give you...Ed Halicki:

1974: 12-5, 2.51 ERA, 143.1 IP, 40 BB, 95 K
Age 23

1977: 2-17, 9.62 ERA, 102 IP, 109 BB, 2 K
Age 26

And the funny thing is, he was released by the Giants on June 13th and picked up by the Phillies on June 15th - and he was awful for both, although worse for the Phillies.

Now, this one looks like it might be injury-related (since he was imported in February of 1974, I can't see his original ratings, but he had 2 injuries in 1974 that sidelined him for 10 weeks and his ratings likely dropped on 1/1/75 - although his ratings REALLY dropped over the next couple of years without any significant injuries), but still...how can this guy be given 22 starts by 2 teams?

Do we happen to know how the "Current Year Stats Weight" works? I mean, when does the computer take it into effect? If my backup C with low ratings has a hot first two weeks to the season, is he given the starting job? Or does the game wait a month or two before compiling the "Current Year Stats"?

I just wonder if the computer doesn't take into account the current year stats till maybe the mid-point in the season. So lets say the AI decides to use the current year stats on June 15th. At which point he is released. While released, there is something missing in the code that doesn't factor in his current year stats while he's a free agent (or only counts current year stats for the team he is with). So the other computer teams aren't basing their decision off this year's stats, and pick him up and start him till he builds up enough bad stats with his current team to warrant not starting any longer.

Hope that makes sense. I just wonder if this is an issue with the current year stats evaluator and whether stats are factoring in for other teams they were on that year, and at what point the AI uses those values.

Last edited by RainMaker : 07-02-2008 at 12:56 PM.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote