View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #67
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Way to defuse the situation there, chief.

actually, he said it nicer than i would have.

i've been following the drama in this league (well, the drama that has basically come from wade) because, fortunately, my league has been finished with picking teams a while ago.

wade should find another league to play in. he wants to bring his IHOF way of doing things, the "this decision is the most important decision and requires a completely unnecessary amount of conversation and debate to make sure what we decide on is the proper course of action" type of uber seriousness that has no place in a silly make believe league.

personally, i don't know why a draft was even held if people can take another team once the game comes out. i think that's the way it is in the NOFL also. we all started these leagues a bit too premature, but once we started talking about FOFC leagues we got a little too ahead of ourselves and over-excited and jumped the gun. in a way it's good that all this chitter chatter happened now so that there's little downtime and delay once the game is out, but the drama by wade about votes concerning a game that hasn't even come out yet is silly. why do things have to be voted, re-voted, discussed a lot. its just a silly league for a video game. i hope wade didn't act this way when it came time for cowboys and indians way back when. when did the business of setting up what should be a fun league become a business? i see what wade is saying, how such acts make having votes moot, but in the end it's just for fun. you're not gonna win any money for winning in your league, just play and have fun. no one has an agenda, if votes are overturned by the vocal few it's to make the league better, no one is trying to screw other people out. no one else seems to be causing such a big hoopla.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote