View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #2097
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Poolhall Junkies - 7.5/10
A young kid has great pool talents, but it's being wasted as he's a hustler instead of being a pro player AND hustler. That's the basis of the movie. It was enjoyable enough to get through it, and I liked the main guy's smug look throughout the movie. Some of the "trickery" throughout the movie is kind of lame, and I knew what would happen before it did. The ending sequence also contains quite a bit of convenient events, but Walken's short stint in the move makes up for some of it (although it takes awhile for him to make his first appearance). All in all, a decent movie.

Maybe the story was good, I don't remember it that well now, I just remember that it was terribly painful to watch, the production was awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Hancock - 7/10
It was better than I thought it'd be. The twist was kind of cool, though to some extent I thought the movie lasted a little too long. Also, some of the action scenes were so enhanced/CG that I really couldn't tell what was going on. Still a decent flick. Nothing in the realm of MIB or anything, but entertaining enough.

Spoiler

/tk

The movie was incredibly short...! I felt it was almost too short, almost as long as a romantic comedy. Without looking, I think it was right around an hour and a half.

Last edited by korme : 07-05-2008 at 12:13 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote