View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #376
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Be committed to something. Hell, be committed to anything other than mediocrity, surrender, appeasement of your enemies.

Mediocrity, surrender, appeasement of your enemies... These are just meaningless words. Nobody likes mediocrity, surrendering, or giving your "enemies" a helping hand.

Not being far right or far left isn't being committed to nothing... It's being committed to something (or a lot of things) that don't happily sit under one of the two umbrellas. I think it's safe to say I lean left, but at the same time I think the far left are very, very naive and very, very unrealistic.

As for the far right, well, they are just plain evil.

But more seriously, the far right are, typically, far less honest and humanistic than the left, though a good deal more realistic. Rhetoric is their strongpoint, and that's probably my biggest gripe. I guess some of my views on certain things could be considered pretty far right, but it'd be a minority.

So there is no term like far left or far right that fits me, because I don't just subscribe to whatever happens to get put under each respective umbrella term. Again, doesn't mean I don't believe in anything.