View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 PM   #23
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
With respect Chief i totally disagree with that statement. You cant blanket a league by saying only 5 and done......

Im actually in the camp of trying to do fair deals so that i can get fair deals back. Makes trading much easier that way ive found.

but just for shitz and giggles, half of the guys i dealt him are either gonna start or make his MLB team and play a lot. Would they make your roster, prob not, but you didnt just take over a team that didnt make a move for 2 seasons in a row either. Ill even go out on a limb saying 8-9 of those guys make his mlb team.

On top of that I need to get rid of guys as the new rule says. But it isnt a bad deal by anymeans.

muns, you're cool, so I know you'll be straight with me, and I think you know I only take this stance because I think such deals might have the potential to damage the league or at least unbalance it.

And it's in that context I ask you this question: if you could not do this deal, how many of those players stay in your system and how many are outright cut or played much lower in your system then their current ratings suggest?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote