View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:58 PM   #34
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Oh, I believe it, muns. Like I said, I have always been of the opinion you play it straight, and I am certain you didn't send a whole bunch of crap to Chicago. There will be good players in there, too. But my guess is (again, without looking at the above players, correct me if I am wrong) that none of the above players can or will ever hold a candle to Jones.

I think I would be more comfortable with a deal like this if it were a couple solid MLBers and two or three very good prospects; even if both deals would have approximately comparable talent exchanges, there is just something that has the "feel" of a take when you have a 15 or 20 for 1 type player, especially when the one player is a star player. Everyone knows that in deals like that, the team with the star pretty much always wins out.

There's a reason we don't see trades like these in any major sport.

Your right none can hold a candle to jones nor prob will. You got it right there, but most will be productive next year as all those position guys i sent over have 60 and above contact so its not as bad as you think either.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote