View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #11
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
I had a question on this DC. If I recall you said you adjusted the development levels a little while ago to the ones that SkyDog proposed. In his developments they take longer to develop and then age slower right? So we should be able to soon have players that are playing well in their 30s as I am also leary of paying anyone huge cash that is over 29.

I believe DC is using the Ronco development modifiers. Normal out of the box modifiers tend to have players peak somewhere around age 23-25 which is a bit early. Ronco's modifiers has players peak on average between ages 26-29 I believe. The development up to age 26 is slower than out of the box, but it seems to me that the tail off from the peak isn't really slower but is actually a bit quicker. The trick is that the tail off starts several years (2-4 years) later so it seems slower is all.

Remember there are going to always be exceptions (young players that peak earlier, or players that last into their 40s), but for the most part players should be able to last until their mid-30s somewhere in most cases.. just most peaks will be in their late 20s just like in real life baseball.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote