View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #136
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I've noticed this problem. So maybe a decade of "crap" players is just what the doctor ordered. I'm serious..it might be just what we need. It's why I didn't want a draft at all, to be honest. It's hard to know what you have, when new players keep entering the league.

I don't think we need a decade of "Crap" players, and I also think it would be unfair to teams that are rebuilding currently to have to endure that. Ideally I would think our goal would be minor changes to the talent pool each year to try to fine tune the type and amount of players we want in the draft each year.

In the course of 10-15 years, we ideally would have figured out the developmental cycle with the current settings and the excess talent would have been phased out, and hopefully the draft would have been working well for the preceeding few years prior to that to create a pretty stable universe.

I think creating only crap players for the next decade would swing the problem entirely in the other direction in several years and would fear that we would constantly be teetertotting back and forth. I think we want to work for finding the right settings, and then due to the sim speed it will eventually fix itself fairly quickly.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote