View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #161
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Then maybe we need to come to conclusions about what level of talent we want in the league. Maybe get a statistical basis from the current talent and go from there. Let's say we, as an ownership agree, feel that whatever talent is now is an ideal amount of talent (and I mean with respect to fully developed players, for the most part). If we take that database and come up with some base CON and POW and STF figures and what not, along with deviations and variances, maybe we will have a statistical basis on which to do testing (regardless of stars, which eventually will balance out anyway).

If we set the "league average" (what our numbers say that is) as what is coming out as a 2.5 star prospect, maybe we can do something with that.

It requires testing, but I think theoretically we can make it work if someone does the groundwork (I would myself, but with my trip next week I am up against it just getting ready for that).

The sabermetric creation modifiers determine how good players are/aren't. So basically, I need to tweak them to a certain place and once we find a sweet spot, then we'll know where to set them for FOOL for the kind of "average" player we want.