View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:54 PM   #120
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
When he was originally drafted, he was a top-10 prospect for about 2 seasons. Then he fell down the top prospect chart, but never really lost his talent. He's just taken a while to develop.

Yeah, but he finally developed this year.. unless I totally missed it he was simply a good prospect before this year right? This year just from an earlier glance off the top of my head (I might be wrong since it is from memory), it seemed like he gained +10 to +15 rating points in several of the important skillsets which pretty much turned him into a stud this year. He probably had the potential all along, but there are tons of players that don't live up to their potential.

Am I just remembering him wrong? That could very well be the case, but he seemed to have come from nowhere this year for me at least, completely off my radar so to speak. He pretty much looks like a pitcher of the year candidate yearly from now on to me, whereas I don't even remember looking at him as a possible all star prior to this year.

Maybe my old age is setting in though, that is entirely possible! If so, then I take it all back!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote