View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 11:33 AM   #100
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I kinda got my calendar mixed up. The next weigh in is September 3rd, not tomorrow. That's good, it will allow me to work with David at tackle some more.

Today's practice will hopefully be highlighted by some 8 on 8 scrimmage within the team. I'll be using a center, guard, tackle, and tight end on the line. The full 'backfield' will be involved as well.

The defense will field three tackles, two in the A gaps, the other on the playside B gap. That allows for the center to have someone to block. Our backer will be over the tight end, corners over wings, and a monster.

I'll switch a few players from side to side as we go, but for the most part I want to stick to a left/right side of the offense working together.

This should allow me to see a few things at the same time. On the Toss, our end should box to as deep as the fullback. Does he? Does the fullback go out to meet him and block him out? Are we double teaming the backer like we should? Is the backer fighting through the double team? Who is making the tackles?

We shouldn't be able to run the sweep normally. The end should kill us on it. Is he?

We'll run a counter to check how the defense reacts, and finally throw our first pass as well.