View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #212
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
I've created a stat here called the Right Track Index (RTI). RTI takes a team's VOCL over a three year period, weighting the most recent year higher, the next year less and the 3rd year less than that (55-30-15) to evaluate whether a team is on the 'right track' or not. The higher the number, the more 'on track' they are.

Our numbers are skewed in the sense that Valdosta has won three titles in a row and are clearly a juggernaut for the ages.

But that said...

Here's the numbers:

Code:
Team RTI Valdosta Peanuts 667.2 Colorado Rancheros 90.7 Boston Settlers -114.6 Brooklyn Brownstones 66.7 Rio Grande Roadrunners 66.3 Atlanta Firecrackers -33.5 Quad City Thunderstorms -342.7 Compton Brothers -23.1 Ann Arbor Wolverines -95.0 Baltimore Terrapins -440.7 Toronto Atlantics -564.9 New York Highlanders -557.2 Hartford Harpooners -731.7 El Paso Alligators -721.9 Columbus Crusaders -727.4 Texas Copperheads -901.0

RTI tells us that at the end of 1972, Valdosta is clearly on a track all their own. This measure would be coupled with a RTI Chg that would reflect from year to year how much a team gained or lost in RTI, to really be able to track their performance over a particular period of time.

For me personally, it tells me that even though I know my team is getting out of a crazy situation, having just had our first two winning seasons in franchise history in the last two years, that we've still got a lot of work to do to be amongst the contenders like Colorado, Rio Grande, Brooklyn and Valdosta, all teams that have won titles in recent years.

Again, awesome work guys. Love reading this stuff!!!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote