View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #437
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
That's what gives me that FPS Football feeling, ratings I look at first, then it's what you do on the field. I love being able to see that!

Yeah I love Cinematic view.

Ronnie Brown singlehandedly carries us to a fairly comfortable (for Miami anyway) Week 3 preseason win in the second half. He's going to get the start for the final preseason game, as he's been even with or outperforming Felix Jones.

QB is going to be the big problem. John Beck threw 2 INTs in a quarter and a half, his 3rd pick of the preseason, so he got pulled for Larry Drain, who while making a couple nice plays, looked incredibly outmanned against the first team defense. Matt Flynn was again god-awful, so every chance I got, I had him run, since he's effective at it and I secretly hoped he'd get hurt.

Beck's going to get traded if I can find someone who wants him, I think. Drain is still intriguing the hell out of me and Flynn, well, he'll sit as the 3rd QB.

Our running game is looking really, really good with Brown, Jones and my feeding the ball to Regan Mailemula (sp) a handful or so of times a game (Yes, I'm trying to revive the actual running FB).

Regan drops too many damned passes, though. Our WRs it's been a little bit harder getting a read on, though Alge Crumpler has been an invaluable safety valve at TE and Ted Ginn, of all people, tore shit up in one of the earlier preseason games.

I noticed Renaldo Hill is a terrific run support guy on defense and Asi Ayomole (sp) has been a fantastic all-around guy at MLB, making me glad I traded for him. Rookie Glenn Dorsey recovered a key fumble and I think has made a sack or two. Lance Briggs has made some very nice plays as well.

Surprisingly quiet preseason from Jason Taylor, though and our pass defense is so horrific, every game so far has ended up a pretty high-scoring affair, as our superlative running game challenges the aerial assault of whoever the opposing team.

Matt Ryan actually looked pretty good as the Chiefs backup QB, but I still think he's going to end up a bust. On the other hand, he should be able to win the starting job at some point in the season (though I don't know if the CPU changes starters. Does it?)

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote