View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #41
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Our second practice and some lights went on with some of the players.

Garett just realized he liked to hit alot. He is fast and we projected him at corner, but he is linebacker material if there ever was. He has the mentality for it, and he was popping out there. His dad is a tool, but that is a different story.

Austin, who was very timid, found out during the splatter drill that is was pretty fun to hit. In the speed drills, was in the front, and on recognition drills, he showed a quick study. He will be one of our corners or safeties.

Brenton, just blew up the gaunlet drill. He has power and a natural lean. He has to get the ball. He is now 106 pounds, so that is pretty impressive considering many teams average line weight is 92.

We have about 5-6 players that will really need some help developing, but that is what we are here to do. My assistants could coach a team as head coach, but they want to be with me, so we really form a good trio.

Next week we start three practices a week, and putting players where we think they will fit. That is when the parents start squawking, the second they see little Joey not lining up in the starting 11. I expect some conversations explaining we rotate liberally. We have to; to get 14+ plays a half for every player.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote