View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #436
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Just scanning this thread, I'm seeing pretty much the exact complaints that were mentioned about The Wheel of Time series. It got over bloated and I started to lose track of various things. Considering how I got lost in The Stand, I thought I was doing rather well for how far I got into The Wheel of Time series before that started to happen. But it did happen. I had also falsely heard a well known author got deep into a series and then died. It become my fear with the Wheel of Time series and since that series was becoming a long winded mess, I figured I would hold off on the Song of Fire and Ice series until it was done.

I am not sure that is exactly what's happening here.

But if you got lost in The Stand, you will be utterly confused in this series. It's a cast of thousands. I've read each book at least 3 times and I still pick up new things I missed or connections I didn't get.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote