View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #210
magic_number
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I didnt. I think he overpaid, but for pitching overpaying is common and you gotta do it to compete. He got a guy that will sit atop his rotation for a while. He has an interesting team IMO.

Well this is my first free agency so I'm green for sure. During the first rounds I got nobody (and I went after about 10 guys) so I assumed I was low balling people too much. Then I had very little options in starting pitching so I made up my mind to go high just to get at least one good starting pitcher in my rotation. I was going to go with "meet demand" but seeing how there was plenty of teams with money to blow, I played it safe. Well I hope he's worth it.

It takes time in a league like this to get a feel for the going rate of a player on the market. The star rating system is not much of a guide and I don't have enough experience to know whats a good bid for a good player. Is the star rating system based on position or is it an overall rating among all players??

It is my belief that offering extentions in the begining of a year will be cheaper than offering it at the end... all things being equal, is this correct?

Later
Those poor, timid spirits
Who know neither
Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt - 1899
------------------------------
Compton Brothers (Since 1973)
magic_number is offline   Reply With Quote