View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #5442
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Oops. McCain's spokesperson in Colorado accidentally emailed out the campaign's internal talking points about the suspension to the media.

Colorado Independent » Oops! Colorado McCain camp sends internal e-mail to reporters

It's sooo scandalous.

I can't believe people think this was an accident. McCain is simply playing the media to run with his own talking points. By making it seem like a "mistake", McCain just got gleeful liberals to repeat his talking points for 48 hours - somehow thinking they are hurting him

As to the debate, I think it's a wise move for McCain. They will not get postponed, the democrats would storm the capital with torches as they all feel Obama will roll him. He makes it look like both him and Palin aren't ready (also postponing the VP debate) - which once again sets up the low expectations gambit. Then, he will reluctantly take the debate, appear very statesmen-like while Obama ends up looking like the eager politician more interesting in gaining an advantage in the election than helping the country.

Jeez, I'm still amazed at how the media (and many in this thread) have been played like a fiddle by McCain the past 2-3 months. But, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...