View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 PM   #234
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Saldana's vote pretty much put it away, no question about it. Path's vote was a bit more difficult to clearly define. Path acknowledged in his vote that even if he did vote for Render there, Render's vote would have put PB back on the lynch block and as we now know PB was a wolf, that would have made Path look very very bad. Since Render was not a wolf, they would not have known he wasn't going to show up to vote at all, so they called uncle there and Path placed a calculated vote on PB there instead. It was a lose-lose situation for Path, and he tried to make the most of it.. but the full reward of trust wasn't going to happen until Render died (which happened last night)..

So maybe it is my hesitance to vote for Saldana early lately in games, but right now my vote looks like it will be going on Path unless someone comes out with some reason that there is a better choice for today.

Huh? Alan, I know that you usually find me suspicious but this is stretching it.

First, my vote broke a tie with just Render left to vote. Saldana switching later is really superfluous. As I mentioned when I made the vote, I was trying to avoid a tie and its ramifications. Knowing Render wouldn't vote for himself if he showed up, the vote had to be on Purdue.

If I had been a wolf I would have been trying to save Purdue, and likely would have done something like tie it up carelessly and vanish, hoping that there would be someone on Render's side switch over to Purdue just to avoid the tie.

Also, taking your argument, if I was a wolf, why in the hell would I kill Render that night and prove it was a wolf/villager vote? That makes no sense to me at all.