View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #118
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
This is the off-season where I evolved. I mean, I took a team that was stuck in neutral and rather than be content with finishing in the middle of the pack 3 years after winning a title, I just sucked up my pride and made a calculated bet. Now naturally we've got a lot of work to do to get where we wanna be, but...I think I enjoyed this season way more than most, because my expectations were exceeded and I imagine that watching this team night in and night out would've been a lot of fun, because they clearly had gusto and I like that.

54%

Yup, I hear ya. I made that same decision last year. Keep Ortiz, Barajas, Matthews, Reyes, Vazquez and maybe take a stab at the top, but more likely stay mired in mediocrity. But I could keep respectable for that stretch, too, instead of going into a total rebuild where I would suck.

Actually, if I had moved Reyes and Vazquez, I probably would have had that phenomenally bad season last year, but maybe would be further on my way this year to getting back to the Classic.

So I'm not sure if I am in a better place or not.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote