View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #186
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I think I will leave the night with this...

I should have about 20-25 million dollars in free agency this year. Enough to overpay for a pitcher or two if I find any worth overpaying for. Even with Payton walking away I should be ok on offense. Tanaka had a down year and I think he is equal or better next year even at this age. 1B Brooks had his best year yet. Derek O'Cleary as well with 29 HRs, 108 RBI, a career high BA of .291 and a VORP of 34. The young guys, Stewart, Acevedo, and Patterson all did decent this year. Next year might not be so bad if I can get a starter or two, and a MR or four.

I am now off for some sleep. I need to coach soccer 10 hours fro now and after that drive a few hours up the road to pick up our 4th dog overall and 3rd Great Dane. This is a young one though which we are not used to, at 18 months old. We get them from a breeder who shows them, or in this case from a lady who got her form the same breeder to show. We have had a mom and her daughter, and we now add the daughter's grand-daughter. My loyalties run into other things then just fake sports players.

Last edited by Cringer : 09-27-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote